The application process is straight forward. Simply print off our membership form complete it and return it to us. Submitted applications will then be considered by the AMHSA Council. On approval, an invoice will be sent for the initial membership fee. On receipt a request will be made to provide various information and files to the secretariat. We shall then build your webpage on the AMHSA website and you will be entitled to attend AMHSA events as members.
Becoming a member
Membership application form
Please download the membership application form by clicking the button below.
Once you have downloaded the form, you can complete it (either electronically or by printing and scanning) and return it to the AMHSA Secretary for consideration at [email protected].
Our Vision, Mission & Values
To be recognised as the U.K.’s leading authority on logistics automation, encouraging collaboration, networking and knowledge transfer across the supply chain.
Our mission is to be the vital link between logistics professionals and the automation industry.
Based on our four pillars, Training, Quality, Networking and Promotion, we seek to accelerate the adoption of world-class automation logistics solutions across the U.K. supply chain.
We aim to be a catalyst for positive change – helping to deliver world-class practice across the U.K. logistics sector.
Our four pillars are underpinned by the following core values :
- Professional – We operate transparently, upholding the highest values of integrity, whilst always respecting the commercial confidentiality of our members.
- Expert – We pride ourselves on staying ahead of the knowledge curve and spreading understanding and best practice throughout the supply chain.
- Independent – We provide unbiased, objective, guidance and information on automation technology and trends within the supply chain.
- Collaborative – We work together for the benefit of our members and the wider logistics industry.
Being a member of AMHSA
The association represents over 50 of the sector’s leading companies that supply the majority of the automated handling equipment purchased in the UK. Based at the Harborough Innovation Centre in Market Harborough, this centrally located modern building offers conference facilities for member meetings and other events. Major benefits of membership include:
The AMHSA website
This provides a useful source of information for both members and their potential clients of:
- Member contact details
- Information requests
- Press releases
- White papers
- Technical information
- Blogs updating interesting and innovative developments
- Twitter – feeds relaying information to members and the wider audience
- Use of Linked in to promote individual information of the key members
- AMHSA has regular press coverage to reflect the work of AMHSA and its members
- Articles in SHD
- AMHSA has representation on various BSI technical committees to provide input into the relevant European Standards and information to our members
- AMHSA has a reference library of standards that are available to members
- AMHSA is a member of the FEM Intra Logistics group
- AMHSA is representing the UK in the current review of EN528
- In addition to the members’ meetings we have a series of other events to provide an opportunity for networking between the members and potentially end users and customers.
- Technical training e.g. Training Workshop
- Legal training
AMHSA Apprenticeship Scheme
AMHSA is committed to the continuity of trained, dedicated professionals being attracted and recruited to the logistics automation industry. The automation industry relies on trained engineers to keep supply chains fully operative at all times in order to achieve the high levels of customer satisfaction and efficiency in an ever changing innovative sector.
In an effort to return some of the fortune to the Automation Industry, AMHSA has worked closely with Toyota U.K. to introduce, manage and develop an apprenticeship scheme for the next generation of engineers.
Our apprenticeship scheme is open to member companies to nominate and register their trainees onto the AMHSA apprenticeship programme. Trainee Apprentices spend four years learning, developing and honing skills that reflect their own strengths and interests enabling them to deliver first class engineering solutions on behalf of their employers. We believe that this compliments our commitment of promoting excellence in the industry.
In brief - AMHSA gives you:
- Representation at the BMHF
- Representation on British Standards Committee
- Representation on the FEM Intralogistics Group
- Annual membership directory – full listing
- AMHSA Website – Company Profile Page
- Access to the complete AMHSA reference library
- White paper submission and publishing
- Access to British Standards
- Training workshops
- Discounted rates/ stand packages at exhibitions including IMHX
- AMHSA Pavilion at IMHX
- AMHSA Members Lounge at IMHX
- Meet the experts programme
- Speaker for panel for events
- Documentation and process support
- Networking opportunities
- Marketing support and best practice advice
- Employment recruitment guides
- Industry job descriptions
- Product and process development support
- Awards submission assistance
- AMHSA Members plaque