Logistics automation covers a wide variety of products and technologies.
Typical technologies provided by AMHSA members include:
- Fully automated pallet warehouses with ASRS automatic stacker cranes in highbay racking fed by conveyors, AGV and shuttles
- Tote and carton storage systems (miniloads) with tote conveyors
- Sortation systems
- Robotic palletisers and picking systems
- Ancilliary equipment including label printer, carton erectors, stretch wrappers and packaging machines
- Vehicle loading and unloading systems
- Mezzanine floors
- Control systems
- Warehouse management and control systems
Automation in its simplest form is about efficient operation and streamlining particularly repetitive tasks to save labour costs, improve process quality and prevent injury to staff.